Early experiences in the first few years of life are thought to be crucial for learning skills as maximum brain development takes place during this period. Therefore, 1.5 years to 2.5 years is considered to be the right age to enroll your child in playschool.1
Why is it important to enroll your child in a playschool?2
- Playschool is the first place in children’s life when they are separated from the comfort zone of their parents. Hence, it should be a place that can be considered to be a second home to the child; a place having enough material to attract children and make the child feel comfortable and secure.
- This is the first exercise where children build their self-esteem.
- Your child learns the importance of his/ her name, things and friends.
- In playschool, children learn to communicate with their teachers and fellow students.
- Playschool is considered the right place for the child‘s foundation for lifelong progress.
- The skills and knowledge learnt in playschool have a great impact on the talent and attitude of the child later in life.
- Research reports that children taught at an early age usually demonstrate improved social skills, lesser behavioral problems and better grades without need of special and attention.
- Playschool adds to the self confidence by learning in a playful manner that improves their personality development.
- Young children learn best when they are provided with an opportunity to interact with their peers, and their parents and instructors treat them kindly.
- Children bloom well in a tension free environment.
- Also, they comprehend and learn things better when they are introduced to new things in small portions.
- Playgroup[Internet]. Available at: https://www.kidzee.com/play-group/. Accessed on Feb 24, 2020.
- Maheshwari M. Importance of play school in child development. IJSMR. 2017;5(6):5419-27.